Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ulta BOGO Mania and new loves




So I went a little crazy at Ulta's recent BOGO sale. But I'm quite pleased with one of the HIP duos and the two Maybelline quads that I purchased.

Thanks to xteener from youtube, I went ahead and purchased the HIP duo in Sassy which comes in a beautiful taupe and teal color. The teal prevented me from buying it before in the past because blue shadows in general scare me. However, something about the combination of the two colors is just amazing. The taupe is really the winner of the two colors. I've been eyeing satin taupe from Mac for the longest time but couldn't really bring myself to buy it. When I heard from xteener that the taupe from this duo is a good dupe, I thought I would give it a try. I'm in love. The teal actually goes on much darker on the eye and appears as more of a gray than blue. My only complaint is that by the end of the day, even with eyeshadow primer, I definately had creasing. Overall, although I wouldn't pay full price for them, on BOGO, these L'oreal HIP duos are a great buy.

I also picked up Maybelline expert eyes quads in chai latte (because of xteener again)... and enchanted forest. Chai latte is a nice bronzy brown quad which I think would be great to have for the summer. The enchanted forest creates a beautiful green/khaki daytime smokey eye which I'm really into right now. I'm quite impressed with the shadow quality which is nicely pigmented, goes on smoothly, blends easily and stays on all day. I had no creasing with these quads. Love them and looking to get more.

Finally, I discovered my HG hand cream. For work, I have to wash my hands about 20 time in one day. So recently, they have been dry, cracked and gross. I actually broke out into a horrible rash from the dryness. With Eucerin plus intensive repair hand cream, things are starting to turn around. It is a thick cream but it doesn't feel greasy on the hands. has alpha hydroxy to exfoliate the skin but is nonirritating and fragrance free. I loved it so much that I bought one to keep at work with me, one to keep in my purse, one at home and a couple of backups. Love, love, love it.

No comments: