Saturday, January 31, 2009

Arcona Reozone Sunscreen




I'm currently finishing up my Arcona Reozone sunscreen and just wanted to put out a warning about how horrible this product is. My first arcona purchase was the tea tree oil mask/scrub which I loved. It's got such finely milled particles and makes your skin feel so cleansed and fresh after using it that I got overly excited about arcona and bought a bunch of their products including their skin kit for congested skin. The only product that I've loved from Arcona unfortunately are the masks. Everything else is difficult to use, not very effective and comes in the most poorly designed packaging I've ever seen.

There are a few pros with this line. It's one of those ever so popular green beauty products which on surface value is a bonus.... but honestly, I rather use a nonorganic product that works well. It comes in SPF 20 instead of the standard 15. It smells wonderful, kinda light melony smell. And that's about it in terms of the advantages.

First of all, it's not cheap. For $25, you get a whopping 1.75 fluid oz which is ridiculous. I'd be willing to pay this much for something exceptional but this cream is thick and difficult to apply. You have a narrow window of a few seconds to work it into your face before it dries up and leaves a white ghost like film on your face. It comes in this horrible hard plastic tubing which is difficult to squeeze out. Towards the end, I was basically sticking my finger into the tube to fish out more. When I couldn't get any more product, I cut the tube into three parts and look how much product I got out of it!!!!! It's enough for a month of use!!! To pay $25 for a crappy sunscreen and have this much waste is just.... I'm speechless. I won't be repurchasing.

Please save your money and get another product. Try the Boscia sunscreen... probably one of the best ones I've used so far. Arcona is only good for their mask. All the other "lotions" and "treatments" come in this sticky, liquidy, messy pump that squirts out everywhere. I end up wasting so much because the people at Arcona obviously do not use their own products and never realized how cumbersone they can be. I don't have the time and the money to go throwing it away like this.

No comments: