Thursday, February 19, 2009

Comparable Shadows to Too Faced


Left: TF Fawn, UD Sin, TF Bronze, UD Smog
Right: TF Silver and Black Spark, NYX Platinum Silver and Black

So I was so peeved by my Too Faced Smokey Eye palette. These shadows are so unorginal and the quality was so unimpressive. For example, I just looked into one of my Urban Decay palettes and I was able to find colors that are much better in quality that can be used to create the same look.

Day Smoke
So it's not an exact dupe but it's pretty close. For the swatch, I did one swipe of the Urban decay shadows and it showed up pretty well. The Sin didn't really come out on the camera but in person, one swipe gives you a lot of color. For the Too Faced, I really had to dig into it and as you can see, Fawn barely comes out at all.

Classic Smoke
You can probably create the same look with UD oil slick and polyester bride. Or with NYX platinum silver and black. Either way, with the classic smoke, any plain silver shadow and matte black will do because that's all it is really.

No comments: