Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tarte Pret a Porter Palette




I bought this palette a while ago and forgot about it. But with the long weekend and a little more time on my hands, I pulled it out and am loving it.

It comes in a portable, folding wallet with crocodile embossed purple covering. I've always been a sucker for packaging and Tarte just keeps drawing me in because of all their cute sleek packaging.

When you first open up the palette, you have a side pocket with a mascara, two brushes (one of them looks like a liner brush and the other is supposed to be a shadow brush but looks more like a foundation brush), one brightener eyeliner. I haven't really used anything in the compartment yet. The brushes are tough, plasticky material and will probably never get used. I haven't had a chance to try the mascara yet but in terms of travel, is convenient to have. I don't know how good it is though.

The rest of the palette opens up like a book and contains two "looks." A more neutral "New York" palette and a deeper "Paris" look. Or a daytime/nighttime look. Each side contains three eyeshadows, two lip colors, and one cream blush.

The New York Look
I'm in love with the shadows on the New York palette. Looking at the shadows itself, it doesn't look too impressive but when you apply, it's lovely. There's a nice champagne colored highlighter for your browbone. The midtone color looks greenish on the pan but comes off as an irridedecent khaki color on the lid. The crease color is a multi-tonal denim color. Altogether, the shadows create a perfect daytime, neutral smokey eye. I love it.

The cream blush is pretty nice as well. Easily to blend and gives a nice flush.

The lip colors are ok. There is a nude color and a berry color. It's a bit drying and taste like chalk but in terms of the color looks very nice.

The Paris Look
The Paris Shadows give a deeper smokey eye look. They are purplish in the pan but when applied gives a more traditional smokey eye look.


The cream blush and lip colors are a little deeper in shade, sort of deep berry to red and are alright.


The strength of the palette is really in the shadows. They are just wonderful, perfectly grouped shadows that provide the perfect daytime and nighttime smokey eye. The palette is just so convenient, really has everything that you need besides a foundation for a put together look.

The palette sells for $44 but it's totally worth the money for the ease and convenience. I love it. I have a trip coming up in a couple of months and this will definately be in my makeup bag.

No comments: