Sunday, February 15, 2009

Keepin' it simple - My Everyday Makeup Routine



Because I'm a lazy bum and hit the snooze button a kazillion times before I can drag myself out of bed, I have to have a simple makeup routine. 10 minutes tops if I'm able to make it out of the house on time. This is just a picture of items I've been using daily over the past month or so.

1) Arcona rezone sunscreen depotted into an old amazing cosmetics container

2) Benefit Erase Paste
Hate the packaging but I guess it works ok for a concealer
I like boing concealer much more though and will probably never repurchase erase paste again

3) Everyday Minerals Foundation
I use Golden Medium as my base foundation and Sandy Olive to give it more of a pop of color. I don't like bronzers in general and Sandy Olive is as bronzy as I get

4) Everyday Minerals Tinted Silk
They don't make this one anymore... so sad
It's the equivalent of Bare Minerals mineral veil. It evens things out a little, supposed to have "antibacterial" properties (dunno how true this claim is), and it soaks up the oils from my skin and helps to prevent shine

5) Rimmel Mono blush
I've been alternating between my rimmel mono blush at the moment. I like the look of it but over the past month or so, I've been noticing that the staying power isn't all that great. When I use my nars blushes, I never have to touch up and at the end of the day, I can still see a nice flush. By the end of my day, my Rimmel is pretty faded. but it gives a nice glow when you initially put it on.

6) Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara
It's ok... It does volumize the lengthen alright.

7) Benefit Her Glossiness Lipgloss in Talk to My Agent
Still lovin' it

8) Everyday Mineral Kabuki Brush
one of the softest brushes I've ever used. It works great for mineral foundation

9) Sonia Kashuk Travel Blush Brush
One of my favorite blush brushes and so cheap

10) Everyday Minerals Sifter Jar
Essential for use of everyday minerals if you are interested in not making a mess
I'll do a post someday on my approach to minimizing the mess with everyday minerals.

No comments: